Symptom: Stops working sometimes and the screen shuts down.
- Possibly the USB3 connector gets disconnected. Put some plastic tape on it to keep it in place.
- The USB3 connector at the computer side might also disconnect.
- The most probable reason is, however, that one or both of the main chips inside gets overheated.
To avoid the overheating:
- Open the casing and cut off the plastic close to the USB3 connector to lift out the pcb.
- Add a heatsink with heat conductive paste to the two chips. Possibly fix the heat sinks with glue.
- Make a hole in the top cover to expose the heat sinks.